The Great Start Collaborative of Livingston County (Great Start Livingston) is a partnership of local stakeholders and parents working with the community to build a comprehensive early childhood system, aligned to address all factors that influence a child’s readiness for school and life. Great Start Livingston is funded through The Early Childhood Investment Corporation (ECIC) and local donations.
A great start for every child in Livingston County: safe, healthy and eager to succeed in school and in life.
The mission is to assure a coordinated system of community resources and supports to assist all Livingston County families in providing a great start for children from prenatal through kindergarten entry.
A single, interconnected and intertwined network, of public and private services and supports in Livingston County, working together to accomplish better results for young children and families.
Accessible, welcoming, community based, user friendly and affordable, family guided, collaborative, non partisan, high quality with measurable results, accountable, continuous financial stability.
Pediatric and family health; social and emotional health; child care and early education; parenting leadership; family support and organizational infrastructure.
- Linking existing early childhood services in our county.
- Identifying early childhood service gaps and developing strategies to fill them.
- Increasing parent participation in planning and decision making through a parent coalition.
- Strengthening civic engagement of parents in the community on behalf of young children in our county.
- Ensuring all of the Great Start system components are available to every child in our county.